BellyQTech: Grading and assessment of the overall quality of pork belly by means of non-destructive technologies and consumers’ perception
Show side menu
Starting date: 01/01/2019 End date: 31/12/2021
Programme: Food technology
The general objectives of the project are:
- To obtain a global pattern for belly classification according to their morphometric, mechanical, compositional and nutritional quality measured non-destructively.
- To study how the belly quality is affected by several characteristics of the pig and of the post mortem conditions.
- To increase the shelf life of classified retail sliced belly.
- Quality prediction of retailed sliced belly using a nondestructive analytical method.
- Understanding of the overall value perception of consumers with regard to pork belly