WIN-FISH: Welfare, Health and Individuality in farmed FISH
Show side menu
Starting date: 01/05/2015 End date: 30/11/2018
The following results are expected:
- A suite of correlates between Stress Coping Styles (SCS) and behavioural, physiological and immune indicators of welfare in fish facing stress and a changing environment.
- Further exploration on molecular mechanisms underlying different SCS in fish
- Identification of welfare concerns in new models of fish production system (Recirculated Aquaculture System) in major European aquaculture species.
- Identification of the positive effects of environmental enrichment: towards positive emotional states.
- Generation of genetic and molecular markers to be used for selective breeding aimed at optimizing performance and reducing aggression in Atlantic salmon.