1. Calibration and validation of pig carcass classification devices:
- On-line semi-automatic probes (Fat-O-Meater, Ultrafom, etc.)
- On-line fully-automatic methods (Autofom, VCS2000, etc.).
- Computerized tomography.
2. Pig carcass evaluation
- Evaluation of proteins and lipids of the carcass.
- Composition and proportion of the primal cuts and carcasses by means of cutting or computed tomography.
3. Evaluation of animal body tissues in vivo by computerized tomography
- Intramuscular fat, fat and muscle thickness areas, etc.
- Evaluation of fat and lean content and distribution.
- Evaluation of pig genetic breeding.
- In vivo determination of intramuscular fat.
- Validation of intramuscular fat on-line determination probes.
- Distribution patterns of different tissues in the body, depending on age, sex,genetics, diet, etc.