1. Cooking technology
- Oven and microwave temperature on-line monitoring..
- Pasteurization and sterilization methods.
2. Salting and ripening conditions according to raw material characteristics
- Sodium reduction.
- Sodium penetration and distribution (computerized tomography analysis).
- Minimization of crusting.
- Audit and optimization of Dryer Conditions (RH, T, air flow).
3. Improvement and Control of safety and sensorial attributes of dried meat and fish products
- Starter Culture Design.
- Biopreservation (against Listeria monocytogenes, S.aureus, Salmonella, E.coli, …).
- Starter Culture Traceability (genetic probes, challenge testing).
- Sensorial and consumer tests (see Flavour Analysis Sheet).
4. New technologies in drying/ripening
- Quick Drying System®.
- Dynamic Drier®.
5. Functional ingredients and additives
- Testing of new ingredients and additives.
6. Active and intelligent packaging of cooked, dried foodstuffs; MAP optimization and shelf life determination
- New materials and packaging systems.
- Bioactive interliver® for sliced packaged products.
7. Product innovation and product improvement
- Technological problems resolution
- Additive functionality improvement
- Drying conditions improvement
- Raw material standardization improvement
- New additives and technologies application
- Safety improvement
8. Pilot plant demonstration of processing equipment
9. Renting/leasing of fully equipped pilot plant to manufacture all types of vegetables, meat and fish products and ready meals