- Synonym: “Vayro”
- Breeders’ reference: IRTAMB-A21-323.
- Breeding number (IRTA almond cultivar breeding programme) : “21-323”.
- Origin: seedling derived from the cross “4-665” x “Lauranne”, made in 1991
at Mas de Bover (Constantí, Tarragona).
- Protected cultivar: Plant Variety Rights pending from OEVV and CPVO.
Temporary protection granted.nal.
- Tree vigour: very vigorous. Its vigour allows to maintain an optimum balance
between production and vegetative growth.
- Foliage density: medium.
- Growth habit: medium.
- Branching density: medium.
- Training and pruning: very easy.
- Nuts location: mainly on spurs, but also on brindles and on one-year old
- Blooming time: late (similar to “Guara” and “Glorieta”). At Mas de Bover 26
days after “Desmayo Largueta” (average of 12 years observations).
- S compatibility genotipe: S9Sf.
- Pollination: self-fertile cultivar. Cross-pollination unneeded. Self-compatible
cultivar, with a good autogamous level (capable to produce in isolated conditions).
- Pollinators: to foster cross-pollination (advisable practice, even for self-fertile
cultivars), could be combined in the orchard with “Constantí”, “Glorieta”,
“Francolí”, “Guara”, etc.
- Blooming density: high.
- Length of blooming: medium.
- Bearing precocity: precocious.
- Cropping capacity: very high.
- Cropping regularity: good. Low alternate bearing.
- “Fusicoccum” (Phomopsis amygdali Del.) tolerance: tolerant.
- “Red leaf blotch” (Polystigma ochraceum Whal.) tolerance: very tolerant.
- Harvesting season: early (at the second half of August at Mas de Bover).
- Harvesting ease: good. At maturity nuts keep attached to their branches and,
when shaking, they drop easily.
- Husking ease: good. The husk is separated easily from the shell.
- Nut shape: cordate.
- Kernel size: medium (1,2 g).
- Shelling percentage: 29 %.
- Shell texture: hard.
- Double kernels: without doubles (0,1 %).
- Kernel appearance: attractive. Skin smooth and clear, without shrinkels.
- Blanched kernel composition: oil: 52,7 %; protein: 24,5 %; soluble sugars:
3,0 %; total fiber: 9,0 %; water: 4,6 %.
It is highly productive due to its considerable bearing intensity and vigour. Self-fertile, (good autogamus level). Late blooming. Easy to train and prune. Produces good kernels. Isis tolerant to “fusicoccum” and “red leaf blotch”. Cross-pollination can be fostered using “Constantí” or other cultivaras having similar blooming time.