Technological offer serving private businesses and public institutions interested in designing, developing and optimization of existing and novel diagnostic tools.
- Scientific consulting leading to design the most appropriate diagnostic strategy, adapted to the etiology of the disease.
- In silico prediction of potential diagnostic tools candidates and development of new DIVA diagnostic techniques. From standard techniques to new molecular assays, which will be used for the rapid diagnosis and characterization of new etiological agents.
- Diagnostic tools for the characterization of humoral or cellular immune response against the etiological agents in their infected host.
- Design, optimization, standardization, and validation of diagnostic techniques.
- Design and performance of in vivo studies to obtain immunoreactives for the different assays as well as to validate their sensitivity and specificity.
INNOVATIVE AND COMPETITIVE ASPECTS
- Multidisciplinary team of researchers: from the basics to the field.
- BSL3 infrastructures: controlled containment facilities.
- New diagnostic techniques, optimization, and validation of existing diagnostic tools.
- Proof of concept and validation of candidates for novel diagnostic techniques.
- Know how transfer.
- Partnering as a Contract Research Organization (CRO) or for research projects.
Examples of previous achievements
- A duplex SYBR Green I real-time RT-PCR assay for the simultaneous differentiation of serotypes of Infectious Bronchitis Virus.
- A multiple SYBR Green I- real-time PCR system for the simultaneous detection of porcine circovirus type 2, porcine parvovirus, pseudorabies virus and Torque Teno Sus virus 1 and 2 in pigs
- Identification of a porcine pestivirus as a Border Disease virus.
- Decrypting the origin and Pathogenesis in Pregnant Ewes of a New Ovine Pestivirus closely related to Classical Swine Fever Virus.
- Isolation and complete genomic characterization of pandemic H1N1/2009 influenza viruses.
- Development and validation of a novel SYBR Green real-time RT-PCR assay for the detection of classical swine fever virus.
- Phylogenetic analysis and molecular characterization of Infectious Bursal Disease viruses.
- Molecular epidemiology of classical swine fever virus and porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus.
- Revisiting the genetic diversity of classical swine fever virus: A proposal for new genotyping and subgenotyping schemes of classification.